REHS Close Support Engineering Study Day-Fri 21 July 2017
1. Introduction. The Royal Engineers Historical Society (REHS) will be organising a Close Support Engineering Study Day to be kindly hosted by 22 Engr Regt in Tidworth on Fri 21 Jul 2017. The event will present a unique opportunity for the Corps and other interested parties to understand the development of Close Support Engineering through the 20th and 21st Centuries and what the future holds with STRIKE etc.
2. Aim. The aim of this calling notice is to:
- Provide initial details of the Study Day.
- Call for any interested parties who wish to present at the Study Day.
3. Administration. Outline details are as follows:
- Outline timings of 1000hrs to 1500hrs.
- Arrival coffee and welcome by Major General (Retd) Mungo Melvin CB OBE.
- 2 x morning lectures (setting the scene and 20th century developments).
- Buffet Lunch.
- 2 x afternoon lectures (through to the modern age and beyond - STRIKE).
- Final Plenary and Q&A Session.
- There will be a cost for feeding as it is a Pay as You Dine Facility (PAYD) although financial authority is being investigated for CPD for serving members of the Corps.
- A confirmed programme, details of the location and other administrative details will be sent out closer to the event.
4. Presentations. Outline details are:
- The event will be introduced and closed by Major General (Retd) Mungo Melvin CB OBE.
- HOC CS have agreed to present on current developments and STRIKE.
- If you would like to present a paper (or know of anyone who would be ideal to present) on the day please contact the undersigned.
5. Registration. Current arrangements are as follows:
If you are able to access DII a MOSS page has been set up to allow you to register at:
REHS CS ENGR STUDY DAY 21 JUL 17
If you are not on DII then please send an email to - firstname.lastname@example.org
Major SF SCULLION RE | Secretary, Royal Engineers Historical Society | Regimental Headquarters Royal Engineers | Ravelin Building, Brompton Barracks, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4UG
Mil: 94661 3079 | Tel: 01634 823079 | DII(F): RE RHQ-COS| Email: RERHQ-COS@mod.uk